Skateboard Parks in Ohio
Skateboard Parks in Ohio: If you are looking for the best skateboard parks in Ohio, this article is designed especially for you. During the course of the article, we aim to acquaint you with the range of skateboard parks in Ohio which you can consider in order to hone your skills. You can choose the skatepark which suits your needs in the best possible manner.
What is Skateboarding?
Skateboarding qualifies as one of the most popular action sports in the world. It is not just a recreational activity which involves strenuous physical exercise but is also an excellent means of transportation. Since the 1970s, Skateboarding has become commonplace owing to the excellent facilities that have been formulated. To know more about the history of skateboarding, check out:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skateboarding.
If you are a resident in Ohio, you must make the most of the opportunity and take up skateboarding as a hobby because Ohio is home to a number of excellent skateboard parks. This article shall help you locate the many skateboard parks in Ohio where you can enroll and start your journey of skateboarding.
What factors make for a good skateboard park?
Skateboard parks are not very different from playgrounds and other sports grounds in the sense that they are meant for recreational activities but one must understand that a skateboard park is different from the other sports grounds as it has very specific needs to cater. Before you settle for a skateboard park in which you shall practice and improve your skills of skateboarding, we highly recommend you to consider the following points. The underlying points will help you choose the best skateboard parks in Ohio and will help you in the long run.
What to look for when settling for a skateboard park?
In order to choose a skateboard park, you must look at two major areas. Firstly, check out how the skateboard area is constructed. This is the area where you shall be practicing your art of skateboarding so make sure that the area is made in a smooth manner so that it can facilitate your skateboarding. Secondly, check out the extra area which is meant for the audiences and public in general. Make sure that there is enough room for your friends and relatives from which they can watch the skateboarding match. Keeping this in mind you can choose the many options available to you and settle for your desired skateboard parks in Ohio.
What are the guidelines that one must keep in mind before joining any Skateboard Parks in Ohio ?
Here is a list of guidelines that we advise you keep in mind before settling for a skateboard parks in Ohio:
- Most skateboard parks in Ohio advise that you wear a helmet, knee pad, elbow pads and wrist guards at all given points of time because skating is considered a High Risk Activity.
- In most of the skateboard parks in Ohio, there is no supervision facility available so you are advised to maintain caution and only practice in-line skating and BMX freestyle biking.
- You are advised to only visit the skateboard parks in Ohio during their opening hours as using it beyond the sanctioned time shall be considered as trespassing.
- Make sure that the surface is clear of any debris before you start skating in any skateboard parks in Ohio. In case you find any damage, you must contact the concerned Parks and Recreation Department.
- Do not practice skating during rains, snow or when the park is wet as it can lead to accidents.
- Most of the skateboard parks in Ohio consider graffiti making as illegal and you are advised to not indulge in such activities unless you have contacted the concerned authorities.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited within the premises of Skateboard parks in Ohio.
- If you fail to comply with any of the rules, then the authorities have the right to ban you from accessing the premises of the skateboard park.
Skateboard Parks in Ohio
Following is a list of skateboard parks in Ohio along with their specifications:
Westerville Ohio Skatepark
Located at Schrock Road, Westerville Ohio Skatepark is one of the most famous skateboard parks in Ohio for a number of reasons. It contains a 1150 foot long BMX track which has 22 jumps. The park is open for skaters from early morning till late evening so you can visit at the time which suits you the best.
If you are just a beginner and do not know how to skate, then you can also sign up with Go Skate which offers training to pupils who are new to skateboarding.
Warren Ohio Skatepark
Located at Packard Park, Warren Ohio Skatepark is one of the most acclaimed skateboard parks in Ohio and is open from dawn till dusk so that you can visit the park as per your convenience. If you are a beginner in the world of skateboarding, then you can also sign up for skating classes at Warren Ohio Skatepark.
Tri-Star Skate Park
Tri-Star Skate Park is one of the best indoor skateboard parks in Ohio. An all day session at the Tri-Star Skate Park comes for a fee of ten dollars whereas if you are a regular skater, you can go for the monthly pass, which would cost you a nominal fee of fifty dollars. You can also book the skateboard park for a private session with your friends or family for a cost of one hundred and fifty dollars; however, you can only book it for four hours and for a group of twenty five people. In order to make your reservation, simply call (216)-459-9000 or email at [email protected].
Timings of Tri-Star Skate Park: Monday to Thursday( 12 PM to 8 PM), Friday to Saturday( 12 PM to 9 PM) and on Sundays the park is open from 12 PM to 6 PM.
Use the Skateboard Parks in Ohio (Tri-Star Skate Park) to begin your skating lessons:
If you are a beginner in skating and have no clue how to make your way on your own, do not worry because many skateboard parks in Ohio come with the facility of lessons that will enable you to learn the art of skating. One such stake park is the Tri-Star Skate park which offers Tri-Star Skateboard Lessons. The instructors at Tri-Star Skate Park have over forty years of expertise of teaching beginners. There is no bar on age and you can enroll for skating lessons irrespective of your age. The lesson plan is divided into three segments: Introduction to Skating, Beginners(Groms) and Intermediate( Shredders). In order to jump from one level to the next, you shall have to clear a test.
Coffman Skate Park is one of the recent additions to the skateboard parks in Ohio and is already one of the most talked about and has made its name among the many other skateboard parks in Ohio. Coffman SkatePark opened to the general public in June of 2016. The park is designed in such a fashion that it can be used for both, skateboarding and rollerblading. The park was designed by the renowned name in the industry of skate park design, Spohn Ranch.
In order to look at the design of the skatepark, visit their official website: https://dublinohiousa.gov/parks-open-space/dublin-reveals-new-skate-park.
Rob Dyrdek/ DC Shoes Skate Plaza
Located in Kettering, the Rob Dyrdek Skate Plaza was built by the famous skateboarder ROb Dyrdek who grew up in the city of Kettering. The plaza is made for street skateboarding and is around forty thousand square feet long. It also has facilities like benches and ledges. This skatepark is sure to bring out the skater in you as given the environment and facilities, you would want to practice even more.
Crooked River Skatepark
The Crooked River Skatepark is located by the famous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It is one of the best skateboard parks in Ohio owing to the 22,000 square feet of steel ramps. The Skatepark is open from dawn till dusk so you can visit as per your convenience and practice skateboarding.
Chenga- World Skatepark
Chenga- world skate park is one of the best built skateboard parks in Ohio as it has a number of ramps, rails and bowls. In addition, it also has foam pit and resi ramps. In order to practice at this skatepark, you need to purchase either an all-day pass or take a four month membership of the skatepark. However, the park has strict rules that you must adhere to so make sure that you acquaint yourself with them before you join the skatepark.
What are the benefits of Skateboarding?
It is common knowledge that skateboarding is an adventure sport that involves a degree of risk yet it has its own share of benefits. Following is a list of benefits of the art of skateboarding, which might propel you to join one of the many skateboard parks in Ohio:
- A great activity to learn the art of coordination: Skateboarding is a great way to learn coordination of arms, legs, feet and eyes.
- Flexibility in the muscles: Your body will become more flexible once you start practicing skateboarding.
- Alertness: Skateboarding is an adventure sport that shall teach you alertness as it requires absolute concentration.
- Stress Reliever: The sport of skateboarding is the best way to calm your nerves and relieve your stress.
Is Skateboarding a Risky Sport?
If you are a parent whose child is considering skateboarding as a hobby or a profession then the question of safety must be one of your primary concerns. It cannot be skateboarding is a dangerous sport and can lead to accidents but this is not supposed to dissuade you or your child. In order to minimize the risks involved in skateboarding, you simply need to choose a skateboard park that takes care of the risk factors involved. Most of the skateboard parks in Ohio are designed in such a manner that they keep the safety of the riders as their prime prerogative. You can choose one of the many skateboard parks in Ohio according to your safety concerns. Once you do so, you shall find that skateboarding is one of the best sports to nudge the adrenaline junkie in you/your kid.
What precautions can one take in order to avoid any injuries during Skateboarding?
While most skateboard parks in Ohio come with the promise of safety yet one must make sure on a personal level that they take precautions in order to minimize the risk of any causality. According to https://hvsboardblog.com/is-skateboarding-dangerous/, 74% of skateboarding injuries involve contusions, fractions and sprains. 3% of injuries are serious head injuries which may even involve skull fractures. In such a scenario, it is recommended that you follow the following advices in order to save yourself from any unforeseen circumstances:
- Do not pressurise yourself into stunts: While most of the skateboard parks in Ohio are designed in such a manner that they facilitate activities like spinning the skateboard yet it is advised that you only start winging the skateboard once you are a seasoned skateboarder. Do not pressurise yourself to follow the footsteps of others and involve in activities that might lead to injuries.
- Make sure you are using the right skateboard: You must understand that there are a variety of skateboards and you must pick the one that suits your purpose. This will not only enable you to better your skills but will also ensure that you do not meet with any accidents.
- Check your board before riding: Make sure that your board is in a fit condition before you decide to start skating. Check for crack in the wheels and board before you begin riding.
- Wear protective gear: No matter if you are a beginner or a seasoned skateboard player, make sure that you use protective gear at all times. This is also recommended by most of the skateboard parks in Ohio and we suggest that you make sure that you have all the below mentioned protective gear:
- Elbow pads.
- Knee pads.
- Skating shoes.
- Wrist guard.
5. Make sure that you stay within the limits of skateboarding areas: Almost all of the skateboard parks in Ohio have clear demarcated areas for skateboarding. We suggest that you follow their guideline as it would ensure that you can ride smoothly and prevent any injuries.
Be reasonable: It is always important to know the extent of your skills and to not give into any kind of pressure. Skateboarding is an art that gets better with practice, so do not perform tricks that you are unsure of.
What are the different types of Skateboards?
If you are a beginner in the world of skating and before you settle with a skateboard parks in Ohio, we suggest you choose the skateboard which suits your purpose. Needless to say that are a range of skateboards in the market. Here is a list of the most popular skateboards that you can choose from:
Mini Boards are the most favourable skateboards for children and if you are just starting skating then Mini Boards might be the best choice for you. They are small in size and once you have practiced enough on Mini Boards, you can switch to bigger skateboards.
Old School Boards
Old School Boards come in the shape of a fishtail and they are designed in a manner that makes them look “old school.” They come with rails which makes balancing easier.
Cruiser Boards are skateboards that have soft wheels which enables the rider to skate for a long distance without losing balance.
Mini Cruisers are the same size as Mini Boards but with the exception that they have softer wheels. They do not facilitate tricks and are mostly only used for cruising.
Longboards, as the name suggests have a long board and come with soft wheels. They have a balanced structure and are easier to ride as compared to most skateboards. They are especially great if you want to skate downhill.